Lanterns from Waste Art Competition
Youth Category (aged 16 – 26):
- $650 for First Place
- $450 Second Place
- $250 for Peoples Choice
Open Category (All ages): $400 First Place
Registrations close: Thursday, August 31.
Entries due: Saturday, September 9.
Presentation & exhibition: Luminous: Celebrating Place at Moruya Showground on September 23.
What do I need to do?
Joining the upcycled art movement is easy.
- Register here by August 31.
- Spruce up an old lampshade, paint empty drink bottles or create something new with paper mache or textiles – as long as 50% of the materials are recycled!
- Complete your creation by September 9. (Drop-off locations TBC).
- We’ll take care of the lighting using recycled LED lights.
- Save the night on September 23 for the exhibition and awards presentation at the Festival’s art after dark finale Luminous: Celebrating Place. Competition entrants aged 16 to 26 will have free entry!
Proudly supported by:
Festivals Australia supports community participation in, and access to, the arts and aims to support partnerships and collaboration across the sector.
Repurposing for Resilience seeks to build a circular economy in our region by encouraging the reuse and repurposing of discarded solar waste to minimise impact on our environment.
Micro Energy Systems Australia are renewable energy leaders who offer a complete range of services including supply, installation, maintenance & upgrades of both Grid Connect Solar and Stand-alone Power Systems for commercial and residential applications.
South Coast Health & Sustainability Alliance (SHASA) is an alliance of Eurobodalla community members. Formed in 2014, SHASA’s key focus is to highlight and support action to mitigate climate change for our region.