River of Art Prize
Entries are now open for the rescheduled River of Art’s very popular art prize that was postponed due to the COVID lockdown. The River of Art Prize is open to all artists and makers within and beyond the Eurobodalla region.
A first prize of $2,000.00 is awarded to the artist of the winning work, the runner up is awarded $250.00 and highly commended works awarded $100.00.
Judging the competition will be artist and educator, Denise Ferris, and the Director of the Bega Valley Region Gallery, Iain Dawson. Denise is the former head of the ANU’s school of art and design and now lives in the high country of NSW. Iain has extensive experience in arts and cultural facility management and has been the director of the Bega gallery since 2014.
From the finalists (approximately 25 works) the judges selects the overall winner, runner up and highly commended works. The judges decisions are final.Shortlisting is decided by the judges on the basis of a digital image of the submitted work, details of which are set out in the application form.
Entries have closed
Entries close 5 December. Finalists will be notified between the 21-23 December 2021.
Shortlisted works (approximately 25 works) will appear in the River of Art Prize exhibition to be held at SoART. Artists whose work is not shortlisted will be invited to exhibit their submitted artwork in the Salon de Refusés at Narooma’s School of Arts’ studios. Both exhibitions will run from 21 January to 6 February 2022.
Artists who have already entered: Your River of Art Prize entry remains valid and we will hold and automatically include your work.
2020 Art Prize Exhibition
View last year’s Art Prize Exhibition on our website.
You will need to complete and submit an online application form. An entry fee of $40.00 per work is payable when making your submission. Your entry and payment must be lodged with River of Art by the due date to be eligible.
Please note that in submitting an entry you accept the following Conditions:
Conditions of Entry
- All work must be the original unassisted work of the entrant and completed within one year of the exhibition date.
- Work entered can be for sale. Commission of 15% on sales will be payable to the River of Art.
- All 2D work can be up to one metre (W) X 1.5 metre (H) including frame. 3D work can be up to 2 metre (W) x 1.5 metre (H) x 50cm (D) with a maximum weight of 15 kilos.
- An entry fee of $40.00 per work is payable with the entry form.
- Entrants must submit a high resolution digital image/s of each entered artwork as a jpg file at 300dpi and no less than 3 megabytes in file size (able to be opened in PC format). Please name each jpg image with:
- the artist’s name
- title of work
- dimensions in cm
- (no more than two images for each entry).
- Finalists and winning artworks will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All care will be taken with entries received, but the River of Art Inc. and Narooma Gallery will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any work. Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the exhibitor. No responsibility will be taken for work not collected at the end of the display period.
- A limit of 2 entries per artist.
- Open to all artists within and beyond the Eurobodalla region.
- Finalist works will be exhibited in Narooma Gallery for the duration of the Festival.
- Finalists will be required to sit the exhibition on a roster organised by Narooma Gallery.
- Works submitted, but not making the finalists shortlist will be exhibited in a Salon de Refuses.
- All works submitted will be shown in an online exhibition on the River of Art website using images supplied by the artist.
- Artists will be invited to submit an Arts Directory listing for inclusion on the River of Art website.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile 0411481988