River of Art Prize
The River of Art Prize is open to all artists and makers within and beyond the Eurobodalla region.
A first prize of $2,000.00 is awarded to the artist of the winning work, the runner up is awarded $250.00 and highly commended works awarded $100.00.
Finalists are selected by judges nominated by the River of Art. From the finalists (approximately 25 works) the judges selects the overall winner, runner up and highly commended works. The judges decisions are final.
Shortlisting is decided by the judges on the basis of a digital image of the submitted work, details of which are set out in the application form.
Entries are still open – Art Prize Entry Form
The Art Prize has been postponed along with the festival cancellation. We have decided to defer the River of Art Prize award and exhibition until it can be mounted and judged in collaboration with our partners at Narooma Gallery, Narooma School of Arts.
Entries are still being accepted with the exhibition planned for 2022. Entries will remain open until the revised exhibition date is announced.
We will keep you informed and you can check our website for updates.
Artists who have already entered: Your River of Art Prize entry remains valid and we will hold and automatically include your work when we are confident the Art Prize exhibition can be safely mounted, judged, marketed and viewed by the public.
2020 Art Prize Exhibition
View last year’s Art Prize Exhibition on our website.
You will need to complete and submit an online application form. An entry fee of $40.00 per work is payable when making your submission. Your entry and payment must be lodged with River of Art by the due date to be eligible.
Please note that in submitting an entry you accept the following Conditions:
Conditions of Entry
- All work must be the original unassisted work of the entrant and completed within one year of the exhibition date.
- Work entered can be for sale. Commission of 15% on sales will be payable to the River of Art.
- All 2D work can be up to one metre (W) X 1.5 metre (H) including frame. 3D work can be up to 2 metre (W) x 1.5 metre (H) x 50cm (D) with a maximum weight of 15 kilos.
- An entry fee of $40.00 per work is payable with the entry form.
- Entrants must submit a high resolution digital image/s of each entered artwork as a jpg file at 300dpi and no less than 3 megabytes in file size (able to be opened in PC format). Please name each jpg image with:
- the artist’s name
- title of work
- dimensions in cm
- (no more than two images for each entry).
- Finalists and winning artworks will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All care will be taken with entries received, but the River of Art Inc. and Narooma Gallery will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any work. Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the exhibitor. No responsibility will be taken for work not collected at the end of the display period.
- A limit of 2 entries per artist.
- Open to all artists within and beyond the Eurobodalla region.
- Finalist works will be exhibited in Narooma Gallery for the duration of the Festival.
- Finalists will be required to sit the exhibition on a roster organised by Narooma Gallery.
- Works submitted, but not making the finalists shortlist will be exhibited in a Salon de Refuses.
- All works submitted will be shown in an online exhibition on the River of Art website using images supplied by the artist.
- Artists will be invited to submit an Arts Directory listing for inclusion on the River of Art website.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile 0411481988