River of Art Prize
The River of Art Prize is open to all artists and makers within and beyond the region.
A first prize of $2,000.00 is awarded to the artist of the winning work, the runner up is awarded $250.00 and highly commended works awarded $100.00.
Finalists are selected by a panel of judges comprising three professional artists. From the finalists (approximately 25 works) the judges select the overall winner, runner up and highly commended works. Judges decisions are final.
Shortlisting is decided by the judges on the basis of a digital image of the submitted work, details of which are set out in the application form.
Entries for 2020 are now closed. Prizes will be presented on Friday, 18 September 2020 at the SoArt Gallery in Narooma.
2020 Art Prize Exhibition
Finalists’ works will be exhibited during the River of Art Festival at the SoART Gallery located on the Princes Highway, Narooma (next door to the Narooma Kinema). Finalists and all other artworks submitted (the Salon de Refuses) will also be on show on the River of Art website at www.riverofart.com.au. Both exhibitions will run from 18 September 2020 to 27 September 2020.
After a successful 2019 Art Prize the River of Art Committee listened to feedback from artists and decided to return to shortlisting based on digital images rather than original works. Further, due to the success of the finalists exhibition and the Salon de Refuses, we had intended to exhibit both again this year, however due to COVID19 we are only above to exhibit finalists at the Gallery. We fully intend to continue to offer the opportunity to hang all works at the Gallery and in the Cottage in future years.
Entries will open approximately 8 weeks prior to the September 2021 Festival. The process for entering in 2021 will be the same as this year.
You will need to complete and submit an online application form and an entry fee of $25.00 per work is payable when making your submission. Your entry and payment must be lodged with River of Art by the due date to be eligible.
Please note that in submitting an entry you accept the following Conditions:
Conditions of Entry
- All work must be the original unassisted work of the entrant and completed within one year of the exhibition date.
- Work entered can be for sale. Commission of 15% on sales will be payable to the River of Art.
- All 2D work can be up to one metre (W) X 1.5 metre (H) including frame. 3D work can be up to 2 metre (W) x 1.5 metre (H) x 50cm (D) with a maximum weight of 15 kilos.
- An entry fee of $25.00 per work is payable with the entry form.
- Entrants must submit a high resolution digital image/s of each entered artwork as a jpg file at 300dpi and no less than 3 megabytes in file size (able to be opened in PC format). Please name each jpg image with:
- the artist’s name
- title of work
- dimensions in cm
- (no more than two images for each entry).
- Finalists and winning artworks will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All care will be taken with entries received, but the River of Art Committee and the School of Art Committee will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any work. Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the exhibitor. No responsibility will be taken for work not collected at the end of the display period.
- A limit of 2 entries per artist.
- Open to all artists
- Finalists will be required to sit the exhibition on a roster organised with SoART.
For further information, please contact the River of Art Prize coordinator Email email@example.com Mobile 0490 791 037