River of Art 2020 Art Prize – Entries Now Open
The River of Art 2020 Art Prize invites entries for this exciting regional competition. The prize is open to all artists.
A first prize of $2,000.00 will be awarded to the artist of the winning work, the runner up will be awarded $250.00 and the artwork most highly commended will be awarded $100.00.
The finalists will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of three well-known professional artists who will select the overall winner, runner up and highly commended work.
Shortlisting will be decided by the judges on the basis of digital imagery, details of which are set out in the application form.
Awards will be presented on Friday, 18 September 2020 at the SoArt Gallery in Narooma.
Finalists’ works will be exhibited during the River of Art Festival in September at the SoART Gallery. Other artworks submitted will also be on show on the River of Art website at www.riverofart.com.au. Both exhibitions will run from 18 September 2020 to 27th September 2020.
After a successful 2019 Art Prize the Committee listened to feedback from artists in relation to the application process used in 2019. In light of that the Committee has decided to return to shortlisting based on digital images rather than original works. Further, due to the success of the exhibition at the Salon de Refuses, we had intended to do so again this year, however due to COVID19 we are unable to do so. We will instead display all works not selected for display at the SoArt Gallery digitally on the River of Art website at riverofart.com.au. We fully intend to continue to offer this opportunity to hang works at the cottage in future years.
How to apply?
Applications close at 11.59pm on 18 August 2020
Complete and submit our online application form.
Entry fee of $25.00 per work is payable with the entry form.
In order to complete your entry your cheque or money order must be lodged with River of Art by the due date.
Please note To submit an application you will need to accept our Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Entry
- All work must be the original unassisted work of the entrant and completed within one year of the exhibition date.
- Work entered can be for sale. Commission of 15% on sales will be payable to the River of Art.
- All 2D work can be up to one metre (W) X 1.5 metre (H) including frame. 3D work can be up to 2 metre (W) x 1.5 metre (H) x 50cm (D) with a maximum weight of 15 kilos.
- An entry fee of $25.00 per work is payable with the entry form.
- Entrants must submit a high resolution digital image/s of each entered artwork as a jpg file at 300dpi and no less than 3 megabytes in file size (able to be opened in PC format). Please name each jpg image with:
- the artist’s name
- title of work
- dimensions in cm
- (no more than two images for each entry).
- Finalists and winning artworks will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All care will be taken with entries received, but the River of Art Committee and the School of Art Committee will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any work. Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the exhibitor. No responsibility will be taken for work not collected at the end of the display period.
- A limit of 2 entries per artist.
- Open to all artists
- Finalists will be required to sit the exhibition on a roster organised with SoART.
What Happens Next?
Eligible entrants will receive a notification email between the 7th and 9th September 2020 including information on next steps and details for delivery of physical art works for judging and exhibition.
|20 August 2020||Entry Forms deadline and entry fee to be received by the River of Art Art Prize|
|7-9 September 2020||Finalists will be notified by email|
|14 September 2020||Artists to deliver framed artworks in the dimensions specified to SoArt|
|18 September 2020||The Art Prize opening and the announcement of winners|
|27 September 2020||All works to be collected from the respective galleries between the hours of 1 and 3 pm.|
For further information, please contact the River of Art Prize coordinator Email firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 0490 791 037