RIVER OF ART – LAND OF MANY WATERS EXHIBITION
In 2018, the River of Art Festival presents an opportunity for artists to submit works for a new exhibition: Land of Many Waters. This theme pays tribute to the meaning of Eurobodalla, which is derived from an Aboriginal (Yuin nation) word.
Artists are invited to enter works developed in response to this theme. The exhibition is open to all artists living on the NSW South Coast, from Milton to the Victorian border.
River of Art has partnered with two Eurobodalla arts organisations, Creative Arts Batemans Bay Inc (CABBI) and the Arts Council of Eurobodalla (Art Central), to present the Land of Many Waters Exhibition.
The exhibition will be on display in River of Art hubs in Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma during the festival in May 2018. Representatives from our three partner organisations will select those art works that will go on show.
Visitors to each festival hub will be invited to nominate their favourite work for a Peoples’ Choice Award. Winners will be announced at the hubs at 3pm on Sunday 20 May. Prizes donated by our sponsors in the region will be awarded for winning artworks.
How to apply?
Applications close at 11.59pm 24 April 2018.
Complete and submit our easy online application form – available here.
If you are unable to submit an online application, download this PDF version of the application form and complete your details.
Then scan and email (including digital images) to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR post to River of Art / LoMW, PO Box 117 Bodalla NSW 2545.
If posting, you will need to include your digital images on a CD or on USB Thumb Drive (Memory Stick).
In order to complete your entry your cheque or money order must be lodged with River of Art by the due date – please post in time to ensure lodgement by 24 April 2018.
To submit an application you will need to accept our Conditions of Entry
- All work must be the original work of the entering artist and completed after May 2017.
- All works must relate to the theme of Land of Many Waters.
- Work entered can be for sale. Commission of 15% on sales will be payable to the River of Art.
- All 2D work can be up to one metre (W) X 1.5 metre (H) including frame. 3D work can be up to 1 metre (W) x 1.5 metre (H) x 50cm (D) with a maximum weight of 15 kilos.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $5 per work is payable with the completed entry form.
- Entrants must submit a high resolution digital image/s of each entered artwork as a jpg file at 300dpi and no less than 3 megabytes in file size (able to be opened in PC format). Please name each jpg image with: the artist’s name/title of work/dimensions in cm (no more than two images for each entry).
- Successful entries to be displayed in the River of Art hubs will be chosen by a panel of curators from local art organisations.
- River of Art reserves the right not to display works.
- Successful entries must be delivered to the River of Art hub nominated by the curators on a date to be advised.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the Peoples’ Choice Awards at each hub, to be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
- All care will be taken with entries received but the River of Art Committee and assistants will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any work. Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the exhibitor. No responsibility will be taken for work not collected at the end of the display period.
- A limit of 2 entries per artist. Open to all artists and artisans living on the South Coast NSW from Milton to the Victorian border.
- Contributing artists will be encouraged to sit the exhibition on a roster.
What happens next?
- Receipt of entries will be notified via email by 28 April 2018. If you do not receive a confirmation email by that date please contact email@example.com.
- Successful entrants will receive a notification email by 4 May 2018 including information on next steps and details for delivery of physical art works for exhibition at the River of Art hubs in Narooma, Moruya and Batemans Bay.
NOTE: No entries will be accepted after the closing date of 24 April 2018.
For further information, please contact Bernie O’Neil Email firstname.lastname@example.org