Workshop: Upcycle Jeans into a Travel Hat with HatSavvy Hatmaking
> Workshop / Textiles | Wearable Art | Jewellery | Narooma | Kianga
Fri 24 May, 10am-4.30pm
School of Art Studios, Princes Highway, Narooma (Map at bottom of page)
Embrace upcycling and create a hat from repurposed materials, guided by milliner Anne Colquitt.
Learn about the sustainable practice of upcycling, and give some cotton comfort denim a second-life.
Working from one of three hat patterns – a 1920s Cloche, a driver’s cap, or a medium brim sun-style hat – you’ll learn which style suits your symmetry and proportions, and how to repurpose denim in this workshop that’s mindful of reducing waste.
You will need:
- sewing machine (if you have one)
- denim needle 18/20
- polyester cotton
- dressmaking scissors (or you can borrow some at the workshop)
- bobble headed pins
- biro or marking chalk
- old denim jeans & linen, cotton or canvas pieces for contrast
- heavy fusible violene (or the organiser can provide, $3.50 extra)
Bookings are essential
- Cost: $55 per person (bring a sewing machine if you have one)
- Bookings: 0439 791 498 or firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Art Studios, Princes Highway, Narooma