The River of Art Prize recognises exciting creators in the region, across a range of mediums.
A first prize of $2,000 will be awarded to the artist of the winning work, the runner up will be awarded $250 and the artwork most highly commended will be awarded $100.
Entries for 2019 are closed
Entries closed on Saturday 20 April 2019 at midnight.
Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of three well-known professional artists who will shortlist the finalists on the basis of digital imagery, and also select the overall winner, runner up and highly commended work.
Awards will be presented on Thursday evening, 16 May 2019 at the SoART Gallery in Narooma.
All finalists will be exhibited at the SoART Gallery in Narooma.
Other artworks submitted and not shortlisted will be invited for exhibition in the Salon de Refusés at the Narooma School of Arts’ Studios.
Both exhibitions will run from 16 May to 26 May 2019.
- 20th April 2019: Entries close
- 3rd May 2019: Finalists notified by email.
- 14th May 2019: Artists to deliver to SoART, framed artworks of the dimensions specified in the Conditions of Entry. This includes finalists and artworks to be exhibited in the Salon de Refuses.
- 16th May 2019: The Art Prize opening and the announcement of winners.
- 26th May 2019: All works to be collected from the SoART Gallery and Salon de Refuse between the hours of 1 and 3pm. If you have any queries in relation to collection please contact Joy on 0451 976 376.
Conditions of entry
- All work must be the original unassisted work of the entrant and completed within one year of the exhibition date.
- Work entered can be for sale. Commission of 15% on sales will be payable to the River of Art.
- All 2D work can be up to 1 metre (W) X 1.5 metre (H). These dimensions include the frame. 3D work can be up to 2 metre (W) x 1.5 metre (H) x 50cm (D) with a maximum weight of 15 kilos.
- An entry fee of $20.00 per work is payable with the entry form by the closing date of 20 April 2019.
- Entrants must submit a high resolution digital image/s of each entered artwork as a jpg file at 300dpi and no less than 3 megabytes in file size (able to be opened in PC format). Please name each jpg image with:
- the artist’s name
- title of work
- dimensions in cm
- (no more than two images for each entry).
- Finalists and winning artworks will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All care will be taken with entries received, but the River of Art Committee and the School of Art Committee will not be responsible for loss of or damage to any work. Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the exhibitor. No responsibility will be taken for work not collected at the end of the display period.
- A limit of 2 entries per artist.
- Finalists and exhibitors in the Salon de Refuse will be required to sit the exhibition on a roster organised with SoART.
Get in touch with the Art Prize coordinator:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 0490 791 037